'bout time I updated this..

No I haven't entirely forgotten about this blog is just been a bloody busy three months.....

The bandit got finished to a pretty good standard, the rebuilt carbs ran happily, mostly anyway, the tyres gripped 'till I could get my pegs down and she made the daily commute into a 6am stage of the Isle of Man TT every morning as well as finally making it to that rally in wales. I rode to the Bike Shed Event II in London and got loads of great pictures to put on here.
Then I made one split second misjudgement.
I cracked the headstock, grated and cracked an engine casing and scuffed up the tailpiece not to mention a badly sprained wrist and shoulders.
So after nearly a year of work I was put back to behind square one, with a new frame needed as well as a nigh on impossible to find engine casing to source.
Lacking the funds for this she's now awaiting being stripped down to parts for storage....





One month later I could then handle the clutch of something bigger than a borrowed gn125, so the hunt for a bike began again. About 8 hours later I was riding home on an utterly abused Kawasaki GPZ500s. It had knackered tyres, no rear brake, an ignition held in with half a bicycle spanner and a belly pan made of mainly filler. So thats where I am now, fixing oil leaks, fibreglassing and spending an unholy amount of money on a 1990's leaky, cracked parrallel twin. And you know what? Its just as much fun as any of my other bikes :) Oh, heres about the only pic I currently have of her....




Comments