Japanese Oddity




Specs:
Bike: 1993 Japanese import Suzuki DR200SEP Djebel
Paint: All original, re-polished plastics
Tuning: Renthal Chain, JT sprockets, 

Originally purchased on a whim as part of a barn clearance this poor little bike was missing most of its electrics and had sat for 11 years.

Due to these being rare little bikes, with many features that weren't included on export models until the late 90's , I had to wait nearly a year to pick up all the bits it needed from good old ebay, most from a chap whose bike had thrown a con rod

Brakes were rebuilt, Engine serviced, and part of the gearbox stripped and repaired to fix a faulty selector spring and ratchet, and many small parts such as the missing engine head-steady replaced. At this point a colleague happened to spot the bike outside my shed and enquired to purchasing it. While I originally had plans for trying my hand at green laneing, I was happy to see it go to a good home where it would be ridden and enjoyed.
With this renewed drive fresh chain and sprockets were fitted along with lots of minor details to make the bike roadworth. It passed its First MOT in 13 years with no advisories. 

Whilst it may look tatty a bike is original only once, the new owner sympathised with this and therefore she has been left externally looking like this, but with a clean bill of health for the motor and all the important bits that make you stop and go sorted.

I had been aching to build a small capacity scrambler/ off road bike for a while and am glad I was able to resurrect this wee beastie, however after having a little play and ride on it, and one of my dailies being a small supermoto I think I'll get back to some road bikes for the near future, though I'm sure the off roading bug will bite again at some point!




Pics below show the sorry state the bike was in when I purchased it back in 2016.....




Comments