Bandits done!!!

yer it's a bit late and that but,..... HAPPY 2014! Right now that's out my system, here's what I've been getting on with over the Christmas hols......
The bandit is finally finished, running ( bloody well to my surprise) and looking sweet, pics to follow in a mo. This took some epic shed sessions with me and tom working from early afternoon one day thought to 7am the next, then starting work again on the bike round lunch and me working into the night to get it finished! This was followed by a cheeky test ride (yes, yes it was insured) then off for her MOT the next day. This was passed in a jiffy, although the battery had given up, too long on charge- doh! So she had to be kept running the whole time. Then off to get carbs balanced and a better battery put in by a helpful mate. Now the fun could begin! After totalling 150 miles that day I realised a few things with the bandit. First, it feels too small with the lowering kit- even for me!, and secondly that perhaps the under tail piece wasn't such a good idea- knocked it a few times over bumps, and no hope with a pillion on!
However that was the only chance I got out on the road with her as uni beckoned...
Also had fun on the way to the MOT when my left mirror decided to detach itself from its stalk, suddenly the car up my arse was a bit further back!!

So she's finally done, with just the special decals to be applied, you'll have to wait to see what they are!!! and some lower, black, renthals to be fitted along with new mirrors and jacking the suspension up to standard height.

So the new year started well, and this now means, apart from minor adjustments to the bandit, that I can move on to work on the chops! Next in line is the CG "cherry bomb" with work being needed for the exhaust, number plate and making the carb actually fit round the frame!
Anyway I'll stop nattering and give you some tasty pics of how the bandits come together...












oh and sorry about the pic quality, had been riding it as soon as it was done in every spare second of daylight!!

Comments